Card Making Monday: Artful Backgrounds

Monday, August 4, 2014

Hello! I took a month-long break from crafting to focus on some personal, home, and work related items...  But now I'm back in the studio and couldn't be happier. I got my hands on a few new stencils and a container of embossing paste, the latter I may need an intervention from. I can't stop using this stuff! Here's what I ended up creating this morning... 

Judikins Background Stencil With Embossing Paste
To create the background, I started with a few Distress Ink Pads. The ink color was added directly to a craft sheet and misted with water. Next, I dragged and dropped a piece of watercolor paper through the ink. This is one of my favorite faux watercolor techniques. I used a heat tool on a low setting to dry between layers of ink until I had a background I preferred. 

After that, I sloppily added a thin layer of white embossing paste with the help of a palette knife and stencil. I really wanted this card to be a mess of art supplies, and I think I got it! 

I had planned to cut down this piece but decided in the end to make it the entire card background. That texture is just to die for! Two strips of cardstock and a stamped image from Hero Arts completed the card. 

Hero Arts Just Saying Hello
So much fun! It's great to be back. 

SUPPLIES :: Paper Cut Cardstock & Watercolor Paper / Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Fired Brick, Broken China) / Dreamweaver Embossing Paste / Judikins Stencil / Hero Arts Clear Stamps / VersaFine (Onyx Black)

TOOLS :: Palette Knife / Painter's Tape / Inkssentials Craft Sheet / Heat Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs